If you need to use an analogy or metaphor to help a client, but don't know where to start, then use our free metaphor generator and prompt to get you going.
Each one of the sliders below references as aspect of your story's opening line:
- The incident or circumstance the person finds themselves in
- The person themselves
- Another incident that takes place for the person
The sliders will rotate automatically, offering different configurations, or you can stop the slider by clicking on the arrows to the left and right.
How to Use this Generator
You can use the tool either to prompt stories in yourself, or as a lead in for your clients.
- Use it to create a story, metaphor or analogy for a client
- Let clients view the slider and tell their own story
- Use it as a prompt for creative writing exercises
- Use it for short story ideas when you're creatively blocked
- Use it in meetings and team building, starting the story and letting each person around the table add the next line of information until you build a complete story.
Kick start your creativity
As a creative or in the creative industry, you know that you hit blocks from time to time.
This tool is great way to get your juices flowing again and kickstart your brain.
Simply pick a story line that appeals and day dream for a minute or three.
Sometimes the easiest to get the creative juices flowing again is to let go like this and not force the issue.
It's also a really cool tool to use an ice breaker with teams, groups and clients.
Simply pick the first line of your story and then let each concurrent person around the table complete the next sentence.
While you may not always get the most useful info out of this process, it gets people involved and forces them to talk.
It's the flow of dialogue that makes brainstorming and team sessions work.