Use these acupressure points to clear headaches and sinus or nasal congestion.
On average, you'll apply pressure to each spot for about a minute.
Third Eye Point
- The third eye point is located between your eyebrows where the bridge of your nose meets your forehead.
- This point also assists with improving concentration, relieving eye strain and ulcer pain.
- Bright Light can be found on the inner corners of the eyes, just below the eyebrows.
- This point is excellent for sinus headaches and allergy symptoms, and also aids in improving vision.
- Welcome Fragrance can be found on either side of your nostrils.
- This spot is excellent for opening your sinuses and reducing tension headaches.
- Take both your hands and place each one on the tendons on your neck as indicated in the picture.
- Massage and work up and down these tendons for about a minute.
- We're aiming for two acupressure points:
- Wind Pool, which helps with unblocking nasal congestion, migraines, headaches and pain in the eyes, ears and throat.
- Heaven's Pillar, which lies just below Wind Pool, and helps with relieving aches at the back of the head, neck pain, eyestrain, stress, insomnia and stiff necks. This point also helps with cough relief.
- Look at the back of your left hand. Separate the thumb from your index finger and place your right thumb into the angle shown in the picture above, at the point of the "V" formed by the first two metacarpal bones (the bones at the base of the thumb and index finger). Exert pressure and you'll feel a tender spot in that area.
- This point helps to relieve back pain, frontal headaches, toothache and assists in releasing tension from the neck and head.