This five point acupressure circuit will help your body to fight against feelings of fear, anxiety and panic.
This circuit comes from the book Five Point Touch Therapy by Pierre-Noël Delatte, MD.
Five Point Technique Application
The purpose of the technique is to stimulate all five acupressure points through touch, so that you are aware of them all at the same time once you've completed the circuit.
On the first application, press each spot firmly, but not painfully, for about five seconds before moving to the next.
Don't be afraid to re-stimulate a spot that you do not feel afterwards.
Once all five spots are similarly sensitive and you're aware of them, cycle through the entire circuit three times, stopping for a second or two at each acupressure spot. Remember you're aiming to feel all five points activated at the same time.
Five Point Circuit Against Fear, Anxiety & Panic
Point 1: Urinary Bladder 67 (Right)
- Lateral aspect of the little right toe, 0.1cm proximal to the corner of the nail.
- To locate this point, firmly hold your little toe between the thumb and index finger of your right hand, placing your thumb on the top of the little toe, at the corner of the nail and pressing firmly.
- This point is not particularly sensitive.
Point 2: Kidney 1 (Right)
- On the sole of the foot between the second and third metatarsal bones, at the crease made by toe flexion at the MTP joints.
- Flex the toes of your right foot and press into the little depression that appears on your sole about 5cm from the base of your toes, making sure you remian on the center axis of your foot.
- This point is sensitive and marks the start of the kidney meridian. Once you've identified this point, you won't easily forget it.
Point 3: Conception Vessel 17
- In a depression on the midline of the sternum, level with the fourth intercostal space.
- This point is located right on the middle of the axis that connects the two nipples. This point will be highly sensitive in very anxious persons.
- As an alternative, you may use the point located five centimeters lower on the midline.
Point 4: Triple Heater 5 (Left)
- 5cm proximal to the dorsal wrist crease between the radius and ulna, close tot he radial bone.
- Please your left hand on your right shoulder and relax your left arm against your chest. This enables you to uncross the two bones of your left forearm.
- Now take the first three fingers of your right hand and press between the arm bones, about 5cm from the base of your wrist, about where a watch usually rests.
Point 5: Spleen 1 (Left)
- Medial side of the left big toe, 0.1cm proximal to the corner of the nail.
- Hold your left big toe and press firmly a little bit below the lower right corner of the nail.
Complete five point circuit against fear, anxiety & panic
- Remember to cycle through this three times once you feel sensitivity in all five points simultaneously.